1. The information we collect
2. Registration information
When you register with shropshirescouts.org.uk, we ask for your name, email address and postcode. We usually also capture your IP address at the time you register.
3. Sharing of data
We may share data supplied by you (or collected about you) with other parts of The Scout Association.
shropshirescouts.org.uk may include interactive advertising for other businesses as part of the site operation. We may use, and provide to third parties, your contact details if you have given us permission to do so.
5. Legal jurisdiction
All personal information and details held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
6. Further information
shropshirescouts.org.uk will, as part of it’s normal operation, send out information emails. Members can decide to ask for these emails as they register.
7. Disclosure of data by order of a Court and Security
We reserve the right to communicate a Member’s personal information as we hold to third parties who are empowered by regulation, statute or order of a court.
We have security measures in place to protect our customer database. Access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each Member’s responsibility:
- to keep their password secret
- to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details
- to log off from the shropshirescouts.org.uk service when not using it; and
- to ensure against use by anyone else of the shropshirescouts.org.uk service through the machine that Member uses while they are “logged on” to the shropshirescouts.org.uk service
- to search and obtain only the data specifically required and allowed for relating to their role.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
9. The Data Protection act
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner’s website.
10. Contacting shropshirescouts.org.uk
If you want to contact us to raise any questions about this privacy statement, or any general matters relating to shropshirescouts.org.uk, you can do so via the Contact Us page.
Please use this page if you wish to request from us a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Please note that under English law we are entitled to charge you a fee for providing this service.
11. Google Analytics
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
- The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data is only used to optimize our website for our visitors.
This data DOES NOT include any personalized identification information such as:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Mailing addresses
- Bank account numbers
- Credit card information